Have you ever wanted to know what is included in a deep house cleaning service? This post contains what to expect before making an order.
What Is Included in A Deep House Cleaning: The Definitive Guide
Are you curious about what you’ll get when you order a deep house cleaning?
Luxury Cleaning NY has over a decade of professional cleaning experience and deep cleaned apartments, mansions, and everything in between.
In this post, we show you what to expect when in a deep cleaning service and break down every little step of the deep cleaning process.
Keep reading on.
What Is Deep Cleaning?
Deep cleaning is a thorough scrub down of every inch of your home.
As the name suggests, a deep cleaning service targets the dirt and grime you don’t see. It helps to know that it’s quite different from one time cleaning, which stops at the most visible areas of your home.
Deep cleaning covers hidden parts of your house such as spaces behind cabinets, disinfecting appliances, cleaning pipes, air vent, in between your couch, etc.
On average, deep cleaning services cost considerably more than regular or standard cleaning, and the average homeowner orders a deep clean two to four times a year.
They use more cleaning solutions that require more prep time, organizational skills, and cleaning.
For most homeowners, deep cleaning is worth the extra cost.
It leaves your house spotless, keeps your appliances well-maintained, and your rooms germ and bacteria-free.
What All Good Deep Cleaning Packages Contain
What is included in a deep cleaning of a house typically varies from cleaning service to service.
Even on the first scrub down of a house or a dedicated deep clean, cleaning service companies sometimes target or entirely exclude certain parts of your home from their packages.
In any case, a comprehensive deep clean should cover your:
- Living Room
Breakdown of What Is Included in A Deep House Cleaning
On average, the bathroom gets more attention than any other room in your home. Tiles and gunk don’t mix well, and drain hair, grime, and dirt accumulate quickly if your bathroom sees much use.
A bathroom deep clean should therefore cover:
- Deep cleaning the toilet bowl, bathtub, and behind the wall
- Disinfecting and cleaning toilet medicine cabinets, shelves, and vanities
- Scrubbing out grout
- Cleaning out the toothbrush holder
- Cleaning and disinfecting wall tiles
- Disinfecting and wiping down vanity top
- Chemical treating for mold and mildew
- Emptying and disinfecting trash cans
- Cleaning and disinfecting the walls
- Wiping down and disinfecting switches
- Wiping down the baseboards, window sills, and bulbs
- Washing and disinfecting the bathroom floors
Your kitchen is where all your cooking goes down— and should get the most attention during one time cleaning and deep cleanings.
Cabinets, refrigerator coils, everyday appliances are easy breeding grounds for bacteria and germs when neglected for too long.
Here’s a good look at what is included in a deep house cleaning session for your kitchen:
- Cleaning behind and under appliances
- Disinfecting and cleaning large appliances like ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, and microwaves
- Vacuuming refrigerator coils
- Cleaning range top and burners
- Cleaning and disinfecting under the sink
- Cleaning and disinfecting garbage disposal
- Cleaning and disinfecting small appliances like the coffee maker, toaster, blender, food processor, etc.
- Cleaning and organizing the cabinets and their contents
- Deep cleaning the floors
- Disinfecting and wiping down kitchen furniture, doors, tabletops, windows
- Disinfecting and cleaning doorknobs, light switches, handles, etc
- Arranging the kitchen
The Living room is where you spend most of your time socializing, either with friends or family. It’s important that it’s clean and organized, and presentable.
It can get pretty dusty, especially if you don’t use it a lot. A great cleaning service should cover:
- Cleaning out fluff from your cushions and straightening furniture and pillows
- Dusting and wiping down lamps
- Dusting down picture frames, baseboards, vents, and window sill
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors and under furniture
- Dusting down carpets
- Wiping down appliances(TVs, consoles, remote controls)
- Emptying and replacing trash bags
Your bedroom is your private space and where you’ll often come to rest at the end of a long, eventful day.
Asides from the near-daily tidy-ups vacuuming you do, a deep clean can also help you clear out those far-to-reach areas you usually leave out.
Here’s what is included in a deep house cleaning service for your bedroom:
- Changing bed sheet and liners (if provided or requested)
- Disinfecting and wiping down mirrors
- Cleaning and wiping down cabinets, dressers, tables, tables, and chairs
- Emptying and disinfecting trash bags and bins
- Vacuuming and dusting down carpets and under your bed
- Deep cleaning bathrooms (if available)
All other areas of your home that don’t fall into the four categories are General spaces.
Think hallways, offices, etc.
Cleaning services for general spaces include:
- Wiping down electronics
- Polishing furniture
- Vacuuming floors and cleaning upholstery
- Wiping downlight fixtures, switches, etc.
- Cleaning or vacuuming wall edges and other hard-to-reach places
- Clearing out and disinfecting trash cans
- Cleaning specialty items
When Does It Become Necessary to Deep Clean Your Home?
Earlier, we mentioned that most people deep clean 2-4 times a year, and they do it:
- When they’re hosting a big party, entertaining new guests, or before a holiday
- During Spring or the start of Winter
- When they don’t have time to do it themselves
- Need to deep clean challenging parts of the home like the kitchen
- Clean demanding appliances
- When traveling
For many cleaning companies, the services we covered are just the start. Cleaning services companies can sometimes be very accommodating with the rooms, fixtures, and appliances they cover.
If you’re unsure if a company offers a certain service, you can check their site for a services list or ask what is included in a deep house cleaning service package.
Did we miss something?
Did you find our guide useful?
Or do you think we skipped an important service that you’d like?
Let us know what you think. If you’re looking to schedule your first deep cleaning, contact us to get a quote.
Related Blog Posts from Luxury Cleaning NY Blog
We will help you do general cleaning of the bathroom following this step-by-step bathroom cleaning checklist. Our plan is simple - to bring perfect cleanliness easily, quickly, and with minimal costs.Contents:Introduction Bathroom cleaning will be faster and easier if...
Everyone knows that kitchen is the face of the owner of the home. The cleanliness of kitchen surfaces, furniture, stoves, and oven requires special attention. But do not be upset with the significant work ahead, follow our kitchen cleaning checklist.Contents:Usually,...
To help our customers make their apartments look absolutely fresh and cleaning process is completed after using our services, Luxury Cleaning NY experts have chosen the best 10 organic carpet cleaning NYC services out of 850 reviewed companies because Luxury Cleaning...
Our company provides luxury cleaning services for different people from all walks of life, including clients with luxury apartments. The luxury segment is unique and demands innovative approaches and custom-tailored solutions to cater to clients' needs. That is why we...
If you live in a New York City apartment, then you are living in some of the most expensive and sought-after real estate in the world. As a result, you most likely want your apartment to look as clean as possible. A spotless apartment is peaceful, beautiful, and...
Why using Disinfection cleaning NYC services is crucial for maintaining a healthy environment around you in the outbreak? After returning home, many believe that they are in a safe place. But even here, there are invisible enemies — viruses. They are much more...